We want to make sure that php[world] has one of the best compensation packages in the PHP conference circuit. We rely on having amazing speakers to make our event successful and believe that our speakers should be taken care of fairly.
If one or more of your talks is accepted, assuming that you need reimbursement (i.e., your company isn’t willing to cover your costs), we will provide you with a package that consists of:
- A Full Ticket to the conference, including Tutorial Day
- Round-trip economy airfare. We will book and pay for your airfare directly to avoid any costs to you. We will work with you to try and accommodate your schedule and requests, but not all tickets are created equal. To keep the attendee ticket price as low as possible, we will book you a ticket within our budget. The budget allows for the following:
- Flights from Canada and the USA are limited to $400.
- International tickets are limited to $1,000.
- Accommodations at the conference hotel, if needed. (If you are local, we will happily cover your mileage and/or Metro fees instead). You will be granted a room with the following nights:
- One night for being accepted
- Plus one night for each regular talk or short talk accepted
- Plus two nights for each 3-hour tutorial
What We Expect in Return
Simply stated, we expect that you will prepare a professional presentation, show up on time (early, in fact), and present to the best of your abilities. Completely wowing our attendees, that’s it—easy, no?